Launched in 2009 by the Virginia Business Higher Education Council, the Grow By Degrees coalition is comprised of business and community leaders, economic development officials and organizations, college and university leaders, public officials, students and parents who share the conviction that Virginia’s economic future is fundamentally tied to higher education. Read More
CNU President Paul Trible appears in the latest issue of "The Circle," the magazine of Omicron Delta Kappa, the national leadership honor society, to discuss his career of service and leadership -- and to encourage others to lead lives of significance. Read More
- Dean William Parks Colloquia to Host Lecture ‘Sustainable Abundance’The Dean William Parks Colloquia will host a lecture titled “Sustainable Abundance” on Tuesday, February 11, 2014, at 4:30 p.m., featuring guest speaker Joel Salatin, owner of Polyface Farms. The lecture will take place in the David Student Union Ballroom, and is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
- Alpha Chi Inducts 116 CNU StudentsAlpha Chi, the national honor society at Christopher Newport University that represents the top 10 percent of students in all academic disciplines, inducted more than 100 new students into its chapter for 2013.
- Busch Gardens and CNU Win Second Place in National CompetitionDr. Lisa Spiller, CNU Distinguished Professor of Marketing, won second place in the 2013 national case competition of the Jacobs & Clevenger Case Writers’ Workshop.
- CNU Ranked by U.S. News & World ReportChristopher Newport University has been recognized once again by "U.S. News & World Report" as the No. 3 up-and-coming regional university in the South.
- Ferguson Center Announces 2013-14 On Screen/In Person TourThe Ferguson Center for the Arts has announced dates for the 2013-14 On Screen/In Person film series. A program designed to bring some of the best new independent American films and their respective filmmakers to communities across the mid-Atlantic region.
- Ferguson Center and National Symphony Orchestra Announce PartnershipCNU's Ferguson Center for the Arts and the National Symphony Orchestra have announced a five-year partnership to begin during the 2014-15 season.