Out of 1,100 schools, Christopher Newport is the only public university in the nation to be awarded a perfect “A” by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni, honoring our commitment to a rigorous core curriculum that requires courses in American history / government, mathematics, natural science, foreign language, composition, literature and economics. Read More
This degree is the latest addition to the program offerings in the Department of Physics, Computer Science and Engineering (PCSE). “Over the years we heard from many students and parents, as well as from companies, who wanted us to offer more engineering degrees here at CNU,” says Dr. Riedl, Department Chair. Read More
- Food For Thought 2014Christopher Newport University collected 51,000 pounds of food during its 7th annual Food for Thought campaign finale Friday. The drive mobilized the campus community to collect food and money to benefit the Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula.
- Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures To Host International Education WeekCNU’s Department of Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures will host International Education Week, November 17-21, in celebration of the world’s diverse cultures and customs. Events will include art exhibitions, music, dance, lectures, panel discussions and film presentations. All events are free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
- Upcoming Department of Music Special PerformancesThe Department of Music will present a series of special musical performances and recitals during November and December around campus. All performances are free and open to the CNU community and general public. No reservation is required.
- Falk Gallery Presents: 'Figure and Attitude, Drawings by Dudley Charles'The Falk Gallery at Christopher Newport University will present "Figure and Attitude, Drawings by Dudley Charles," on display November 10-December 5, 2014. The exhibition includes an artist reception and gallery talk by Dudley Charles on Thursday, November 13, at 4:30 p.m., in the Falk Gallery, and is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
- Ferguson Center Announces Return of On Screen/In Person Film SeriesThe Ferguson Center for the Arts has renewed On Screen/In Person, a film series designed to bring some of the best new independent American films and their respective filmmakers to communities across the mid-Atlantic region.