Virtual Textbook Adoption Process
Faculty begin the electronic textbook selection process by establishing registration credentials through Follett Virtual Bookstores:
- Go to the Follett Virtual Bookstores website to create a user account:
- Select your state and school.
- Enter CNU's self-registration passcode: cnutextbooks
- Enter your information in the specified fields and create your own password to reuse each time you visit the Follett Virtual Bookstore website.
Once your account is created, click the following link to log in and begin selecting your course textbooks:
From the "Manage Current Adoptions" box:
- Select the term in which your course will be taught.
- Choose your academic department, course, and section.
- Select "Add Course Materials".
- Enter the ISBN number or search for the materials by title and author.
- Select the ISBN you wish to use by clicking on the underlined ISBN.
- Specify required, optional or choice in the "Usage" drop down menu.
- Enter the estimated enrollment for your course.
- Change your School Status to "Ready for Review."
You should now see the textbook adoption listed under the course.
If you did not see your course in the drop down menu, you may still use the online textbook adoption process:
- Select "Add New Course" under the "Find Your Course" box.
- Complete the requested fields.
- CRN and Instructor Name fields are required (Staff or TBD may be used, if appropriate).
- Website Notes: Notes about the class that are visible on efollett.com
- Internal Notes: Notes viewable only to CNU and Follett administrative users.
- Once you add the course to the database, you may begin selecting texts immediately.