Your browser does not support JavaScript! Graduate - International Admission - Christopher Newport University
Skip navigation

International Admission


International graduate applicants (non-U.S. citizens or permanent residents) must also submit the following:

  1. Graduate application for international applicants
  2. Application fee form with non-refundable fee
  3. All secondary, college and university (undergraduate and graduate) transcripts Send all documents to World Education Services (WES), an official credential evaluator.* Once the review is complete, it must to be sent directly from WES to CNU.
  4. Official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum required scores:
    • 92 for the Internet-based TOEFL
    • Equivalent score of 237 on the computer-based TOEFL
    • Equivalent score of 580 on the paper-based TOEFL -OR-
  5. Submit official scores from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A minimum score of 7.0 is required.
  6. Financial resources statement
    • International applicants must provide proof that you can finance your education before you apply. A certificate of eligibility (Form I-20) will not be authorized until a financial resources statement form is completed and supported by bank statements that certify the information.
    • Applicants participating in the Rosenheim, UAS UA or UESTC Exchange Programs should contact to obtain the Financial Resources Statement form designed for each individual exchange program.
  7. Official original bank statements or affidavits (fewer than six months old) verifying the availability of financial resources to show that you can afford to study in the United States.**
  8. An interview also may be required. English proficiency in reading, writing and speaking is expected.
  • WES prepares an objective, analytical report that describes the credentials and interprets them in terms of their U.S. equivalents.

** As a state-supported institution, Christopher Newport currently does not provide financial aid to international students. U.S. federal financial aid is not available to foreign citizens, even those currently living in the U.S.

Back to top
Report a problem
Version 3.4