Your browser does not support JavaScript! Transfer - International Admission - Christopher Newport University
Skip navigation

International Admission

How to apply as an international transfer student:

    1. Apply online through the Common Application. There is a non-refundable application fee of $65, which can be paid with a credit card.
    2. Submit a Transfer College Report (Verification of Enrollment)* certified by each college attended You must send the Transfer College Report from all previously attended college(s) to our office by the stated application/credential deadline (October 1 for spring and March 1 for fall). If your are currently enrolled in college, you will be required to send CNU the Transfer College Report after your current semester concludes.
    3. Submit all transcripts from other colleges and universities you have attended to an official credential evaluator who will prepare an objective, analytical review that describes and interprets your credentials in terms of their U.S. equivalents. Once the review is complete the credential evaluator must send a copy of the review must directly to us.
    4. Submit official secondary school transcript(s) and/or leaving certificate(s). If these documents are not in English, please also include certified English translations.
    5. If English is not your native language, and your secondary school instruction was not in English, submit your official scores from one of the following English language proficiency tests:
      • International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
      • Minimum score: 6 or above
      • International Test of English Proficiency (iTEP)
      • Minimum score: 3.7 or above
      • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Minimum required scores:
      • 71 for the Internet-based TOEFL
      • Equivalent score of 197 on the computer-based TOEFL
      • Equivalent score of 530 on the paper-based TOEFL
    6. Submit a Financial Resources Statement (if you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident). Attach any official bank statements or affidavits to show that you can afford to study in the United States.

The following Common Application Offline Supplemental forms are not required:

  • College Officials Report
  • Instructor Evaluation
  • Secondary Report

Mailing Address
Christopher Newport University
Office of the Registrar
Attn: Transfer Enrollment
1 Avenue of the Arts
Newport News, Virginia 23606

Back to top
Report a problem
Version 3.4