Non-degree applications for all individuals, including applicants under the Senior Citizen's Higher Education Act of 1974, will be considered complete and ready for review once we have received the following information:
- Nondegree application, including:
- $65 nonrefundable application fee
- Submit the Transfer College Report (Verification of Enrollment) certified by each college attended. You must send a Transfer College Report to the appropriate representative(s) at each college/university you attended. Each in turn must send the reports directly back to CNU via:
- Email email@example.com OR
- Fax (757) 594-7711
If you are currently enrolled in college, you will only be required to send the Transfer College Report after your current semester concludes.
- Submit official transcript(s) from all colleges and/or universities attended. We do not accept electronic college transcripts. Partial transcripts and/or grade reports are required until final grades are posted.
You must be academically eligible to return to the last college or university you attended and have a minimum 3.0 overall GPA on past academic work.
- Submit your official high school transcript
- Submit the Application for Virginia in-state tuition rates (if applicable)
Virginia In-State Tuition Rates Eligibility You must complete all questions in the Residency and Parent/Legal Guardian Residency sections of the Common Application to be eligible for in-state tuition. Supporting documents may be requested, and you must submit them on or before the first day of the semester or term for which you are applying.
Send all materials to Christopher Newport University Office of the Registrar Attn: Transfer Enrollment 1 Avenue of the Arts Newport News, VA 23606