If you are a degree-seeking student and leave the University for one full academic year or longer, you must seek re-admission in order to continue your studies at Christopher Newport. Re-admitted students must meet all academic requirements published in the university catalog at the time of re-admission.
Successful applicants generally have fulfilled general education requirements and have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
Re-admitted students must enroll full-time.
Readmission applications for all individuals, including applicants under the Senior Citizen's Higher Education Act of 1974, will be considered complete and ready for review once we have received the following information:
- Submit the Common Application, including:
- $65 non-refundable application fee (no fee waivers)
The following Common Application Offline Supplemental forms are not required:
- College Officials Report
- Instructor Evaluation
- Secondary Report
In some cases we do require the mid-term report for students who attended another college or university after leaving Christopher Newport.
- Submit the Transfer College Report (Verification of Enrollment) certified by each college attended (if you have attended another college or university while away from Christopher Newport. You must send a Transfer College Report to the appropriate representative(s) at each college/university you attended. Each in turn must send the reports directly back to CNU via:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Fax (757) 594-7711
If you are currently enrolled in college, you will only be required to send CNU the Transfer College Report after your current semester concludes.
- Submit official transcript(s) from all colleges and/or universities attended after attending CNU. We do not accept electronic college transcripts. Partial transcripts and/or grade reports are required until final grades are posted.
Virginia In-State Tuition Rates Eligibility You must complete all questions in the Residency and Parent/Legal Guardian Residency sections of the Common Application to be eligible for in-state tuition. Supporting documents may be requested, and you must submit them on or before the first day of the semester or term for which you are applying.
Send all materials to Christopher Newport University Office of the Registrar Attn: Transfer Enrollment 1 Avenue of the Arts Newport News, VA 23606