Student Hiring Requirements
To be a candidate for student employment, an undergraduate student must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours (graduate student, 3 credit hours) during the fall and spring semesters. Students may be employed during break periods and summer sessions, as long as full or part-time student status is intended to be continuous.
Student employment is limited to twenty hours per week when classes are in session during fall and spring semesters and not more than forty hours per week during break and summer periods.
Student employment begins with the Office of Career Planning then to the Business Office for processing of all required forms.
- Required Forms (you may print these forms or pick them up from room 226 on the 2nd floor of Gosnold Hall)
- Student Hiring Document
- Student Employment Hire Form
- Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification - Complete Section 1 of this form. Use Blue or Black ink only.
- A list of acceptable documents can be found on page 5. You will need one document from List A OR if you don't have any documents in List A, then you will need one document each from List B and List C.
- All documents must be originals. Please bring all documents with you when you bring the hire packet to the Business Office prior to beginning employment.
- Direct Deposit Form - this is required for all employment with the University except Work Study.
- Please attach a voided check or write in the correct routing number and account number.
- Form W-4
- Form VA-4
- Policy on Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Use of Electronic Communications Policy
- Child Support Disclosure
- Pay Schedule
- Student Employment Policy 1302
- Hiring Manager Acknowledgement
- Student Employee Acknowledgement
- How to Complete a Time Sheet - Supervisor