The Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication
In addition to requiring successful completion of the liberal learning curriculum, the bachelor of arts degree in communication requires the following courses:
1. COMM 201, 211, 222, 249, 352, 452W
2. Select one: COMM 316, 318, 333W, 350W
3. Select one: COMM 411, 433, 450, 455
4. Select fifteen additional credits in COMM courses; at least twelve hours must be at the 300-400 level
Students who have declared communication as their major, and have earned at least 45 credit hours, must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00. You may have no more than two grades below C- in the major.
In addition to this coursework, students are encouraged to take a body of courses in a secondary area of interest related to professional goals.
The Minor in Communication
The minor program in communication requires 18 credits:
1. COMM 201
2. Select two: COMM 211, 222, 249,
3. Select nine additional credits in 300-400-level communication courses in consultation with a departmental academic advisor
Students may have no mode than two grades below C- in the minor, and must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.00.
TAKE A LOOK at our program chart...