The David Student Union
The David Student Union is a state-of-the-art, 116,000-square-foot facility built for the growing student population of one of the fastest growing universities in Virginia. The David Student Union opened in the fall of 2006 and has been growing and changing ever since.
The David Student Union is named for the Buddy David family in honor of their generous support and contributions over the years. It is home to four retail dining establishments, a superior residential dining hall, five conference rooms, an elegant boardroom, a spectacular ballroom, and various administrative and student organization offices.
The David Student Union is proud to host a wide range of student activities, departmental meetings and functions, community events, and large university events. The David Student Union hosted more than 1,500 events, information sessions and meetings in its first semester of operation.
You'll get used to words like "hot off the grill," "hand made" and "garden fresh." From our personable staff to our excellent facilities, there will never be a day that you want to skip a meal.
Centrally located in the Student Union, Discovery Cafe houses:
A nationally known restaurant chain ... we take special care in what we serve.
- Discovery Pizza
Featuring personal and full-size pizzas with a variety of toppings.
Discovery Bistro offers fresh wraps and salads, Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs, Dominics Sweet and Hot Italian Sausages & Soft Pretzels.
From traditional homemade favorites including roast turkey, meat loaf and mashed potatoes to Mongolian barbeque and hot from the oven pizzas, Regatta's offers a culinary adventure.
The DSU provides the perfect venue for your meetings, special events and programs. The stunning facility houses a magnificent ballroom, spacious conference rooms, contemporary lecture halls, classrooms and computer labs. Our wide selection of spaces varies by size and configuration, accommodating as few as 20 and as many as 530 people.
All events and activities must be arranged though the Office of Scheduling, Events & Conferences. They will ensure your event is a success and a reflection of your high standards. They will assist you identify the ideal space and catering services, help plan your seating arrangements, and provide any technical support you may need.
Reserve your space early by contacting the office at email@example.com.
David Student Union Code of Conduct
- Appropriate clothing, including shirt and shoes, should be worn in the building at all times.
- Recreational equipment, including but not limited to skateboards, bikes, and skates are to be left outside, or carried so as not to damage the facility.
- Animals should remain outside the David Student Union, with the exception of service animals.
- Music should be respectful and “radio safe.” It should not disrupt the everyday business of the building.
- Personal effects should not become airborne at any time.
- Banisters should only be used to assist with walking up or down the stairs.
- Public displays of affection should be kept at a minimum and in an appropriate manner while in the David Student Union.
- Tape or other adhesives that may damage the surfaces of the building and furniture must not be used.
- Respect the furniture so as not to damage it. Refrain from moving the furniture from its designated areas. If furniture needs to be moved please contact the building supervisor.
||DSU, 1st floor
|Captains Card Office||DSU 380
|Center for Career Planning||DSU 3100
|Center for Honor Enrichment &
Community Standards (CHECS)
|Dean of Students||DSU 3142
|Dining Services||DSU 380
|President's Leadership Program (PLP)||DSU 3130
|Residence Life||DSU 3127
|Scheduling, Events & Conferences
|Welcome Desk||DSU First Floor
|back to top|