Ph.D, Syracuse University Professional web pages: Areas of Research/Publication Radio Interview New Publications
Dr. Terry Lee
M.A., Syracuse University
B.A., Syracuse University
• Documentary video journalism: www.risingpress.org
• The Wisdom of Age Project documentary work: www.wisdomofageproject.org
Areas of Teaching
Documentary Studies: prose, photojournalism and video
Psychological approaches to literature
British literature—17th- & 18th-Century
Documentary Journalism Film Projects in Production:
• "The Wisdom of Age Project—insights and reflections about life from older citizens about what makes life meaningful.
• "Beyond the Medical Fact: Why Elders' Stories Matter"
• Films on elder caregiving and primary progressive aphasia and its effects on family life
Student research published online
• View my students' research and documentary journalism. This research comes from student "immersion reporting" in our "Community Storytelling and Documentary Studies" class.
"The Wisdom of Age Project," With Good Reason. August 25, 2011.
• "Elder Documentaries: Student Initiative Means Community Connection
at a Visceral & Emotional Level." Community Works Journal, Fall 2012. Available online.
• "Getting to Know You: Using Documentary Video-Making to Challenge Ageist Stereotypes." Gerontology & Geriatrics Education: 33: 272-286. (Fall 2012).
• "Intrepid Exploring: Looking Past Fears of Short-term Memory Loss in Aging to Deploy the Brain's Long-term Memories and—Wisdom," Journal of Aging, Humanities and Arts, 4: 18-29, 2010 (March 2010)
• editor, Lookout: A Creative Nonfiction Magazine. (Publishes CNU student writing from across the disciplines)
• co-editor & publisher, DoubleTake / Points of Entry magazine (2006-2007)
• founding editor, Points of Entry: Cross-currents in Storytelling (2002-2005)
• A New Path at Midlife: Transformative Relationship & Story for Men (Men’s Studies Press, 2007). How literary stories and film inform and enrich life.
Areas of Service
Academic Status Committee
Academic Technology Advisory Committee
Department Curriculum Committee
Student Media Board
Captain’s Log advisor
editor, Lookout: A Creative Nonfiction Magazine
former Sentara Hospital Hospice Volunteer
Ph.D, Syracuse University
Professional web pages:
Areas of Research/Publication