Agenda for Faculty Senate meeting
3 PM Friday, 2 September 2005, SC214
- Call to Order
- Introduction of guests:
- Bobbye Bartels, Assistant Dean for Liberal Learning
- Jason Scheel, SGA representative
- Acknowledge approval of minutes of 8/17 working session
- Dr. Bartels presents to the Senate the plan for managing offerings
of Areas of Inquiry (AoI) courses in the new curriculum.
- President's report
- Committee reports
- Senator Vachris: summary of data from 2004 - 05 faculty hiring
- Senator Cartwright: status of election for Faculty Senate Review Committee
- Old business
- vote on "Goals of 2005 - 06 Senate" (available:
- vote for Senate nominees of fifth faculty representative on Budget Advisory Committee
- Senator Adamitis: report on MCLL discussion of Foreign Language placement instrument
- New business
- Senate representation on Liberal Learning Council (LLC)
- changes to LLC forms for AoI course proposals?
- CNU involvement with Faculty Senate of Virginia
- establishment of faculty spouse/child tuition-benefit committee?
- governance of standing committees
- plan for Advisory Committee on Academic Advising (available: http://facultysenate.cnu.edu/05_06/misc/ACAA.html)