Agenda for Faculty Senate meeting
3 PM Friday, 8 September 2006, Student Union 259 ("Washington Room")
- Call to Order
- Introduction of guests
- Marcia Harrington, Director of Institutional Research
- Kevin Hughes, Director of Student Life
- Cheryl Mathews, Chair of Department of Social Work
- Acknowledge electronic approval of minutes for 8/16 meeting of the Faculty Senate
- Presentation by guests
- Harrington: spring 2006 revisions to PRC guidelines (available:
- Hughes: update on Judicial Affairs, including two or three
- President's report
- Update re Transient Faculty Workroom (SU 218)
- Appointments of Senate liaisons to subcommittees of the Board of Visitors
- Committee reports
- Results of special committee-elections:
- Marshall: one SSPS seat on UCC has been filled by Anne Perkins (LAMS)
- Adamitis: LA seats
- 2 on Faculty Grievance
- 1 on Honors
- Whiting: New Buildings
- Grau: Implementation of 05-06 Senate Review Committee's
recommendations 4, 5, and 8
- Knipp: update re "recording class attendance in order to avoid having to repay federal financial aid to students who receive F's"
- proposed modification of CNU's mandatory SAT policy (available:
- Old business
- Faculty Senate Goals (draft available: http://facultysenate.cnu.edu/06_07/misc/goals.doc)
- New business
- Cheryl Mathews: Changes to SOWK program (available:
- This item on the agenda will probably be covered soon after 4 PM, after
the arrival of Professor Mathews.
- See item V.A.2 in the minutes of the
5/13/06 meeting of the Faculty Senate
for a previous discussion of these proposed changes.
Faculty Development grants
- to chairs: 9/20
- to deans: 10/2
- to Senate: 10/20
- vote by Senate: 11/3
- Availability of
funds will not be known until approximately 10/1/06.
- need for applications to be in electronic format?
- appointment of committee to review applications
- freshman-parking policy?
- new core-curriculum
- "maintenance" and/or "mid-course corrections"?
- affect upon admissions?