Agenda for Faculty Senate meeting
3 PM Friday, Nov 2, 2007
Jefferson Room in David Student Union (note room change)
- Call to Order
- Introduction of guests: Mary Sellen, University Librarian
- Approval of minutes of Faculty Senate meetings
- acknowledge electronic approval of minutes for October 12, 2007 meeting
- Presentations by guests: Mary Sellen, University Librarian
- President's report
- Committee reports
- Academic Technology Advisory Committee (ATAC), Senator Redick
- Senators Redick and Duskin report on Span397 curriculum proposal
- Department Liaison Reports:
- Modern & Classical Languages & Literatures (Guajardo)
- Leadership and American Studies (Lambert): handbook updated needed Jan 08
- Faculty Development Grants (Hasbrouck)
- Old business
Faculty Centers for Research, Development and Teaching: research best practices.
research and teaching: what kind of centers do other institutions have.
motion to take off table?
- New business
- Faculty Mentorship Program: Examine best practices (how people get credit, whether we need a
university wide program).
Busn302 proposal for a new course to be in the AoI
Formal and Informal Reasoning.
Here are links to
It was approved on both accounts by the UCC. The senate needs reviewers.
Pass-Fail Option report from Undergraduate Degrees Committee
- Survey faculty on senate SWOT
- Parking Advisory Committee request