Get Your Passport Ready!
The Course: “America and Europe in the 20th Century”
- Immerse yourself in the culture of 3 European nations.
- Explore the American relationship to 3 important postwar cities - Vienna, Munich, & Berlin.
- Spend approximately 1 week in each city.
- Examine the volatile political and culture transformations from empires to the World Wars to the Cold War to the present, and the contests between monarchy, democracy, facism, and communism.
- Observe the theme of Americanization in its various forms.
- Earn 3 credits toward graduation!
Travel Dates: mid-May to early June 2015
Leave VA soon after finals to take advantage of pleasant weather, reduced airline and crowds. This allows students to use the rest of summer for work, classes, and relaxation.
The Fine Print:
- All CNU students may join.
- No language requirement
- Earn 3 credits toward graduation OR
- Earn 3 credits toward the History major/minor, Honors Program, & National Security Studies minor
- $3900 program fee plus tuition (which is reduced for summer study abroad) covers:
- All transportation
- Museum admissions
- Several meals
- Course readings
The exact dates and price will be set given the number of participants and the precise airfare.
Professor Andrew Falk & Professor Brian Puaca have led several CNU Study Abroad programs, including those to London, Paris, Rome, Berlin, Vienna, Prague, Amsterdam, Poland, Beijing, and Shanghai. They have also enjoyed many other travel experiences around the world, are familiar with languages, and have personal contacts within the cities.
Interested? Have Questions? Contact:
Dr. Falk (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Dr. Puaca (email: email@example.com).
Apply here: http://bit.ly/HistoryEurope
Reserve your spot and once accepted, you need to provide a $500 deposit to reserve your spot. First-come – First Served!
*Required: Valid passport that is in effect until at least December 2015.