Your browser does not support JavaScript! A Day in the Life - Life as a Captain - Christopher Newport University
Life as a Captain
Travis Rocha

A Day in the Life

by Travis Rocha

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Student Life

Every day at Christopher Newport is a great day. As a Captain, you very quickly will fall into a routine of seeing your friends and enjoying our traditions, but also with plenty of fun surprises to keep things interesting.

I’ve never been much of a morning person, but I often like to wake up around 10 a.m. and head to Commons for a fantastic breakfast. They always have the staples such as various meats, eggs, omelettes, cereal and fruit, but the menu changes every day. It’s always exciting to wake up and be surprised with what’s available! Afterwards, it’s time for class. My schedule is pretty open this semester, so I like to take a nap in between classes when possible, and I know my friends do too; that’s my day from about noon to 6 p.m.

After my last class, I usually like to meet up with my buddies and get a meal together. Often times, we’ll head to Regattas, but with so many options on campus we switch it up fairly often! In the evening, I’ll attend meetings for my clubs or check out whatever event is going on that night. Most of the time, there’s always somewhere to go whether it’s a speaker, fundraising, music, theater or any other kind of event.

We’re a small campus, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t plenty to do. When I think my back on my week every Sunday, I can’t believe all the things that I attended and accomplished. I definitely feel like I’m leading a fulfilling life here, and I couldn’t be happier about it. A day in the life at Christopher Newport is definitely a busy one, filled with lots of laughs and learning.

Report a problem
Version 3.4