Your browser does not support JavaScript! Sophomore Year in Review - Life as a Captain - Christopher Newport University
Life as a Captain
Travis Rocha

Sophomore Year in Review

by Travis Rocha

Monday, April 29, 2019

Student Life

Well, the time has finally come. This is my last blog of the year. I’m not sure how many I wrote, but it’s definitely over 100 which is a number I am proud to have reached. So much has happened this year, looking through all of my past blogs is quite the trip down memory lane. In the beginning of the year, I had trouble committing to organizations. The Christopher Newport community is such a thriving, creative environment and I knew I wanted to more a part of it than I already was. I just didn’t know where to begin.

Though, after making some connections and extending my social circle I began feeling more comfortable becoming active on campus. I ended up joining CAB and the Theater Department, two organizations that I absolutely love being a part of. On top of all my other commitments, I have had a busy semester, but I wouldn’t ask for it any other way. I feel so involved on this campus. I know that Christopher Newport was the right choice for me. I wanted to become part of a college community, not just be a student. On top of that, I wanted to become a productive member who made every year count.

I’m halfway through my college career and I definitely believe I have made some real progress with my goals. The friends I have made, faculty and students alike, have given me some of the most hilarious and wonderful memories that I hope to never forget. I’m excited to have a nice, long break over summer, but I will definitely miss Christopher Newport. I’ll also miss writing blogs, but I’ll be back soon enough! See you next semester!

Report a problem
Version 3.4