Your browser does not support JavaScript! Finally on E-Board! - Life as a Captain - Christopher Newport University
Life as a Captain
Travis Rocha

Finally on E-Board!

by Travis Rocha

Friday, December 13, 2019

Student Life

From the first day I joined Psi Upsilon, I had aspirations to be on our executive board (e-board), but I also acknowledged that there were only six spots and every year each of them is highly contested. When joining this fraternity, I knew I wanted to be a leader on campus and that this organization would help me to do that. This is my third year in Psi Upsilon and I cannot believe all the amazing lessons and experiences I’ve been able to learn and share with my brothers over that time. Last year, I was a committee chair for public relations which means I was in charge of all the rush graphics, social media posts and other day-to-day responsibilities in that vein. Now, I have officially been elected as our chapter’s grammateus and I could not be happier.

Grammateus is sort of like a secretary position. I take notes during chapter meetings, keep attendance, schedule room bookings and keep in contact with nationals regarding various record-keeping duties. As a member of e-board, I also am always included in discussions regarding the direction of our chapter and planning our long-term and short-term goals. I feel so excited to hold this position and have the opportunity to lead the fraternity I care so much about alongside some of my closest friends.

I definitely will be kept busy over the next year with all of my new responsibilities, but I am nonetheless very eager to start. This will probably be my last position in Psi Upsilon because once my terms ends, I will be going into my second semester of senior year and will likely want to take a break from holding a formal position in the chapter. Christopher Newport is always championing the idea of leading a life of significance and that is something I’ve really taken to heart. I love contributing to the organizations I am a part of and I am optimistic that I will leave a positive legacy at Christopher Newport when I do finally graduate next year!

Report a problem
Version 3.4