Dr. Tarek Abdel-Fattah
Dr. Tarek Abdel-Fattah, Associate Professor
Office: Forbes 3016
Director, CNU Applied Research Center (CNU-ARC)
Ph.D. Northeastern University
Dr. Abdel-Fattah served as the lead reviewer for proposals submitted to the Nanoscale Exploratory Research Chemistry Panel in Arlington, Virginia. This panel is supported by the National Science Foundation and provides fundamental research in emerging areas of nanoscale science and technology by competitively awarding grants and cooperative agreements for research and education.
Dr. Abdel-Fattah completed a three month research project on nanotechnology at the NASA Langley Research Center, where he was awarded the NASA/ASEE Faculty Fellowship.
Design synthesis of novel nanoporous materials as absorbents, which are economically and technically feasible for environmental remediation.
- Cost-effective ways to manage soluble lead in small arms ranges (SAR) at Barksdale AFB. (Larry Isaacs)
- Design synthesis of novel nanocomposites materials as absorbents for arsenic remediation. (Stephanie Harris)
- Modification of low-cost materials as absorbents for lead and arsenic remediation. (Kelly Payne)
- Organo-silicates nanocomposites for the removal of chlorinated phenols from aqueous media. (Brain Bishop)
- Modification of low-cost materials as absorbents for the removal of chlorinated phenols from aqueous media. (group of undergraduate students)