- Mon, 01 Sep 2014Labor Day: Classes will meet - CNU Campus All day event
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
News & Events
CNU Theater Majors Walking to NYC
(Newport News, Va.) - Christopher Newport University seniors and theater majors Jeff Gallo and Jake Mills have announced their intention to walk from Newport News to New York City in order to raise funds for Broadway Cares / Equity Fights AIDS. The money will support HIV / AIDS work through the Actors Fund of America and grants benefiting hundreds of AIDS service organizations in the U.S. and abroad. Joining them in the effort is fellow theater student Kristen Merek, who is not walking but is coordinating the route, as well as the fundraising and housing efforts.
Named Wrap Your Feet Around It, the walk-a-thon is scheduled to begin at CNU on Wednesday, April 28, and end at Times Square on Thursday, May 13; the route covers a distance of approximately 387 miles. The pair plans to walk an average of 30 miles per day, and have set a fundraising goal of $25,000.
"We've always collected a little money, but we've never done anything big," says Merek. "And this is about as big as it gets."
From Newport News, Gallo and Mills will travel up Route 17 and connect with other small roads to reach New York City. As they travel, they plan to contact schools and local news networks in order to help spread the word and engage communities along the way.
The students plan to be back in Newport News on Sunday, May 16, for their “other walk” during CNU's 84th Commencement.
For more information and to make a donation, please visit:
www.broadwaycares.org/wrapyourfeetaroundit/ - OR-
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.