- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014Relay for Life of CNU - Freeman Center Field House 7:00 PM
- Sat, 22 Mar 2014"Jazz for Justice" - Jazz Ensemble Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:30 PM
News & Events
CNU Bookstore Closes, Launches Textbook Website, www.cnubooks.com, in 2011
(Newport News, Va.) -
Effective January 1, 2011, Christopher Newport University will no longer have a physical presence from which textbooks will be sold. Rather, CNU will launch a new website dedicated solely to providing a vast array of textbook services to our students including new and used books, rentals, e-books and used book buy-backs. The decision is based on student buying patterns and the proliferation of online textbook e-tailers providing textbook rentals, discounted books and e-books. "The college textbook industry has changed dramatically and will continue to evolve into a vast array of non-traditional product offerings that no longer require a physical bookstore," said CNU Executive Vice President Bill Brauer. "The vast majority of our students already purchase textbooks online or obtain books from other sources. We will continue to provide course material lists and offer exceptional customer service to our students making online purchases using our website." The web address is under development and will be announced later this year.
The areas previously occupied by the bookstore in the David Student Union will become three, new student-dedicated spaces: an expanded Admissions Welcome Center; The Captain's Locker, a retail venue specializing in spirit-wear and school supplies; and The Crow's Nest, a casual entertainment venue for students featuring a small stage for acoustic performances, karaoke and open-mic events.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.