- Mon, 01 Sep 2014Labor Day: Classes will meet - CNU Campus All day event
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
News & Events
Center for Service Learning Announces 2nd Annual Volunteer Fair
(Newport News, Va.) -
More than 50 Hampton Roads community agencies will participate in CNU's 2nd Annual Volunteer Fair, sponsored by Christopher Newport University's Center for Service Learning & Social Entrepreneurship. The Fair will take place on Tuesday, August 31, 2010, from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. in the David Student Union ballroom. CNU students and faculty are encouraged to attend. Beginning at 10 a.m., registered community agencies may attend a panel discussion on "Maximizing the Volunteer Experience" with Dr. Patrick Walker, professor of management and marketing at CNU, non-profit leaders and students.
The Volunteer Fair is an effort to connect students and faculty with community agencies that seek volunteers to serve in their organizations. Through its website at http://service.cnu.edu and its long-standing relationship with many local community partners, CNU helps to nurture students’ strong commitment to service and, simultaneously, to provide able volunteers to non-profit organizations throughout the region.
"We hope that the contacts made at the Volunteer Fair will provide both the community and CNU students and faculty with an introduction to each other," noted Dr. Roberta Rosenberg, Director of the Center for Service Learning & Social Entrepreneurship and professor of English at CNU.
For more information regarding the Volunteer Fair, contact Brad Brewer, Assistant Director of the Center for Service Learning & Social Entrepreneurship at (757) 594-7233 or via e-mail at email@example.com. A list of community partners can be found at the Center's website: http://service.cnu.edu.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.