- Thu, 06 Nov 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Fri, 07 Nov 2014Trible Library Chamber Music Series, Brass Quintet - Trible Library, Rotunda 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Sat, 08 Nov 2014Opera CNU presents Donizetti's The Elixir of Love - Music and Theatre Hall 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Sun, 09 Nov 2014Opera CNU presents Donizetti's The Elixir of Love - Music and Theatre Hall 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Thu, 13 Nov 2014Percussion Ensemble - Music and Theatre Hall 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
News & Events
Lewis Archer McMurran, Jr. Hall
(Newport News, Va.) - On Monday, January 11, 2010, Christopher Newport University officially opened the doors to its latest, 21st century teaching and learning facility, the Lewis Archer McMurran, Jr. Hall. Through his work in the Virginia General Assembly, McMurran was instrumental in the founding of Christopher Newport College (CNC) in 1960. During the early 1980s, he was recognized for his contributions to CNC when Christopher Newport Hall, the first building constructed on the current campus, was renamed in his honor.
Hundreds of CNU students, faculty, staff, community members and dignitaries – including members of the McMurran family- gathered at sunset to witness the celebratory ribbon-cutting ceremony and fireworks display.
Anchoring one end of CNU’s great lawn, the 86,000 square-foot brick building houses all of the University’s liberal arts academic departments, as well as the honors and graduate teaching programs. Designed by the Richmond-based architecture firm Glavé & Holmes, McMurran Hall boasts neo-Georgian elements such as brickwork, arched windows and pediments; combined with the finest learning technologies available.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.