- Tue, 11 Mar 2014My Case is Altered: A Panel Discussion - Trible Library 209 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Tue, 11 Mar 2014Dominion Power: Career Panel Discussion - Luter Hall 121 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
News & Events
CNU and Kiln Creek Golf Club Win 1st Place in National Case Competition
Christopher Newport University marketing professor Dr. Lisa Spiller and Dr. Carol Scovotti, associate professor of marketing at the University of Wisconsin, received the first-place award in the 2010 national case competition of the Case Writers’ Workshop. The competition was conducted by the Direct Marketing Educational Foundation and the Chicago Association of Direct Marketing Educational Foundation for their case titled "Kiln Creek Golf Club & Resort: On Par for an Integrated Marketing Communications Campaign to Acquire New Members." The award was presented at the awards luncheon of the Annual Direct/Interactive Marketing Research Summit on October 10, 2010, in San Francisco.
The case study was based on the golf program at Kiln Creek Golf Club & Resort in Newport News, Virginia, and its excellent member retention rate and marketing and promotional strategies. Dr. Spiller worked closely with Jamie Connors, golf professional with Kiln Creek Golf Club & Resort, in the development of the case. The case will ultimately be used for business and marketing education in college classes around the country, and will be published in a business case textbook.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small classes as well as an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor. For more information about CNU and its programs, please visit www.cnu.edu.
Pictured are Dr. Lisa Spiller of CNU and Jamie Connors of Kiln Creek Golf Club & Resort.
Dr. Lisa Spiller, Professor of Marketing
Joseph W. Luter, III School of Business
Christopher Newport University
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.