- Tue, 11 Mar 2014My Case is Altered: A Panel Discussion - Trible Library 209 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Tue, 11 Mar 2014Dominion Power: Career Panel Discussion - Luter Hall 121 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
News & Events
Smithfield Foods Pledges 80,000 Servings of Protein to CNU Food Drive
(Newport News, VA) - Forty percent of the children in the Hampton Roads community often do not know where they will get their next meal.
In order to alleviate hunger and the suffering that comes with it, Christopher Newport University has launched a campus-wide “Food for Thought” campaign that will fill the shelves of the Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula. And with the help of Smithfield Foods and its donation of 80,000 servings of protein, the campaign is off to a successful start.
The Food Drive, called “Food for Thought,” begins on October 11th and lasts throughout the month of October, culminating in a large one-day campaign on November 3rd. The drive mobilizes the entire campus community to collect both food and money for the Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula.
To kick off the campaign, Smithfield Foods has pledged to deliver approximately 80,000 servings of protein to the CNU campus on November 3rd. The pledge is part of Smithfield’s “Helping Hungry Homes” program, and the food will be brought to CNU’s Trible Courtyard on November 3rd during the culminating food drive.
CNU students and staff will be circulating empty shopping bags in Newport News neighborhoods and will be asking residents to make donations of nonperishable food.
More information about the Food for Thought campaign as well as a list of ways to participate can be found at the Center’s website: http://service.cnu.edu
Media Contact:Brad Brewer
Center for Service Learning & Social Entrepreneurship,
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.