- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Asian Studies in China - David Student Union, Monroe Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Thu, 04 Sep 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Fri, 05 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: Study Abroad Meeting - New Location: McMurran Hall 101 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Mon, 08 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Classical Studies in Rome, Italy - McMurran Hall 112 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
News & Events
Dr. Ian S. Lustick to speak on the Arab-Israeli Conflict
The CNU Program in International Conflict Management will present a lecture by Dr. Ian S. Lustick, Professor and Bess W. Heyman Chair at the University of Pennsylvania, titled" What gives a people rights to a land?" The lecture is free and will take place on Wednesday, October 20 at 5:30 p.m. in the David Student Union Washington Room. No reservation is required.
Dr. Lustick is an expert in comparative and international politics with a focus on Middle Eastern politics and identity politics. He is a recipient of awards from the Carnegie Corporation, the National Science Foundation, and the National Endowment for the Humanities, among others. His present research focuses the politics of Jewish and non-Jewish migration into and out of Palestine/the Land of Israel, on prospects for peace between Israelis and Palestinians, on applications of agent-based modeling in the social sciences, techniques of disciplined counterfactual analysis, and the problem of modeling political violence. He has published multiple books and articles on these topics, including most recently Trapped in the War on Terror (University of Pennsylvania Press, 2006) and Exile and Return: Predicaments of Palestinians and Jews, with Ann M. Lesch (University of Pennsylvania Press, 2008).
For more information, contact Dr. Tina Kempin Reuter at (757) 594-7821.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.