- Mon, 01 Sep 2014Labor Day: Classes will meet - CNU Campus All day event
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Asian Studies in China - David Student Union, Monroe Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
News & Events
Third annual Food for Thought campaign, “Will Sing for Food”
Some people will do just about anything for a cause. In an effort to provide support for and awareness about hungry families on the Peninsula, one professor and two Christopher Newport University staff members will “sing for food” this Wednesday, October 27, 2010, at 7:00 p.m. in the Ferguson Center Music & Theatre Hall.
As a part of the third annual Food for Thought campaign, “Will Sing for Food” offers the campus and local community a chance to come together for an evening of acoustic songs and stories focused on poverty, struggle and hope. Music selections will include classics like Bob Dylan’s “Blowin’ in the Wind” and Paul Simon’s “Bridge Over Troubled Water.”
“I’ve been there,” said Dr. Kip Redick, a CNU philosophy professor and one of the performers. “More people in our community deal with hunger than we would like to admit. But if we’re honest, all of us face challenges and need help at different times in life. That’s why we’re singing - to encourage people to recognize the need in themselves and to be generous and kind to one another.”
There is a requested minimum donation of $1.00 at the door, with all proceeds going to the Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula. The concert begins at 7:00 p.m. and will conclude with a surprise guest appearance at 8:30 p.m.
More information about the Food for Thought campaign as well as a list of ways to participate can be found at CNU’s Center for Service Learning & Social Entrepreneurship website: http://service.cnu.edu.
Dr. Lisa Spiller, Professor of Marketing
Joseph W. Luter, III School of Business
Christopher Newport University
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.