- Thu, 06 Nov 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Fri, 07 Nov 2014Trible Library Chamber Music Series, Brass Quintet - Trible Library, Rotunda 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Sat, 08 Nov 2014Opera CNU presents Donizetti's The Elixir of Love - Music and Theatre Hall 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Sun, 09 Nov 2014Opera CNU presents Donizetti's The Elixir of Love - Music and Theatre Hall 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Thu, 13 Nov 2014Percussion Ensemble - Music and Theatre Hall 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
News & Events
Panel Celebrates 20th Anniversary of German Re-Unification
(Newport News, Va.) – Christopher Newport University’s Department of History and Sister Cities of Newport News, Inc. (SCNN) will co-present a panel discussion celebrating the 20th Anniversary of German Re-Unification. The discussion will take place Tuesday, November 9 at 7 p.m. in the Ferguson Center Music & Theater Hall and is open to the public, however advance reservation is required to (757) 926-1348. A $5 donation to benefit Sister Cities of Newport News, Inc. is requested at the door. The event is free to students and SCNN members.
The panel discussion will be facilitated by Dr. Mario Mazzarella, professor of history at CNU. Distinguished guest speakers include Mr. Philip Holzapfel, First Secretary of the Embassy of Germany to the United States, Lt. Col. Jorg Neureuther, Deputy National Liason for Germany to NATO and Dr. Brain Puaca, assistant professor of history at CNU. A reception with the panel members will immediately follow.
Sister Cities of Newport News, Inc.’s mission is to build and strengthen international understanding, cooperation and development between the citizens of the city of Newport News and those of the world. For more information, please contact Kate Helwig, Executive Director, Sister Cities of Newport News, Inc. at (757)926-1348.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.