- Tue, 11 Mar 2014My Case is Altered: A Panel Discussion - Trible Library 209 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Tue, 11 Mar 2014Dominion Power: Career Panel Discussion - Luter Hall 121 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
News & Events
Luter School of Business Students Place 2nd in Regional Marketing Competition
(Newport News, Va.) - A student team from Christopher Newport University's Joseph W. Luter, III School of Business received a silver Marketing Award for Excellence and Innovation (MAXI) in the 2010 collegiate competition, conducted by the Direct Marketing Association of Washington Educational Foundation (DMAW-EF). The corporate sponsor of this year's competition was The National Geographic Society.
The student team comprised of Kevin Cavanagh, Lindsey Devore, Kiara Girkins and Brendan Heisler, traveled with their faculty advisors, Drs. Mike Clayton, Matt Hettche and Lisa Spiller, to The National Geographic Society headquarters in Washington, D.C. to receive the award.
The MAXI Competition is the most prestigious, and coveted marketing award offered in the mid-Atlantic region. It was established in 1993 by the DMAW Educational Foundation and has become a both a symbol and a goal for bright and aspiring marketing students. Students teams from colleges and universities across Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia compete in this annual competition.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.