- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Asian Studies in China - David Student Union, Monroe Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Thu, 04 Sep 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Fri, 05 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: Study Abroad Meeting - New Location: McMurran Hall 101 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Mon, 08 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Classical Studies in Rome, Italy - McMurran Hall 112 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
News & Events
Dr. Harvey Klehr, Andrew W. Mellon Professor, to speak at CNU
(Newport News, Va.) - Dr. Harvey Klehr, Andrew W. Mellon Professor of Politics and History at Emory University and Director of Emory's Program in Democracy and Citizenship will lecture on the topic "Spying For Stalin: The KGB's Espionage Networks in America."
The lecture will take place on Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 7 p.m. in the Washington Room of CNU's David Student Union. It is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
Dr. Klehr is a leading scholar on Soviet espionage in the United States. He is author or co-author of 14 books on the Communist movement and Soviet espionage in the United States. His most recent co-authored book, Spies: The Rise and Fall of KGB Espionage in the Unites States (Yale, 2009), is based on KGB archives that have never come to light before, and is widely considered the most complete account ever written of Soviet espionage in America.
Dr. Klehr's lecture is co-sponsored by CNU's Center for American Studies (CAS) and the Friends of the Trible Library. CAS is an interdisciplinary initiative dedicated to fostering greater civic awareness by promoting classical liberal education in the area of American Studies, including American's philosophical roots, history, economic foundations, and national security.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.