- Mon, 01 Sep 2014Labor Day: Classes will meet - CNU Campus All day event
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
News & Events
BB&T Colloquium Series on Capitalism
(Newport News, Va.) - The 2010 BB&T Colloquium Series on Capitalism – with CNU's Leadership & American Studies Department – will present a lecture titled "The Fallacy of Economic Stimulus," on Tuesday, November 16, 2010, at 4 p.m. in the Ferguson Center’s Music & Theatre Hall. The event is free and open to the public and no reservation is required. A reception with guest speaker Dr. Jerry L. Jordan will immediately follow.
Dr. Jordan earned his Ph.D. in Economics from the University of California at Los Angeles. He currently serves as president of Pacific Academy for Advance Studies. He is a former president and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, served as senior vice president and director of research at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, and had a long career in commercial banking. Dr. Jordan was a member of President Reagan's Council of Economic Advisors in 1981-1982 and served on the U.S. Gold Commission during that same time. He is a member of the Mont Pelerin Society and a past president of the National Association of Business Economists.
Since 2006, the BB&T Colloquium Series on Capitalism has brought leading scholars in economics, political science, and public policy to CNU to inform the university's ongoing discussion of the fundamental integration between economic and political freedom and the moral foundations of capitalism, with special reference to the American experience. For more information on the BB&T Colloquium Series, contact CNU’s Leadership & American Studies Department at (757) 594-8907, or visit professorship.cnu.edu/speakers.htm.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.