- Mon, 01 Sep 2014Labor Day: Classes will meet - CNU Campus All day event
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
News & Events
11th Annual 5K Run / Walk
CNU to Hold 11th Annual 5K Run/Walk
A Kid’s Fun Run added this year!
(Newport News, Va.) – The Christopher Newport Alumni Society and the Peninsula Track Club will present the 11th Annual Alumni Society 5K Run / Walk on Saturday, September 17, 2011. This year will also feature the addition of a Kid’s Fun Run for children ages 12 and under. This PTC Grand Prix event follows a flat, fast course through the beautiful Riverside community in Newport News. The 5K Run/Walk begins at 8 a.m. at the Ferguson Center for the Arts, and the Kid’s Fun Run begins at 9:30 a.m. in front of the Ferguson Center. Registration for the Kid’s Fun Run is $5. For adults, the early registration fee is $20 through September 13, 2011. Registration after September 13 or day-of is $25. The student and military fee is $15. The "Top Female Finisher" and "Top Male Finsher" will be awarded $150. Second and third place race finishers will receive $75 and $25, respectively. Proceeds will benefit Christopher Newport Alumni Society Scholarships, Alumni House, and alumni programs. To register, please visit alumni.cnu.edu/5krun. For information, please email race director Lacey Grey Howard at email@example.com.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.