- Mon, 01 Sep 2014Labor Day: Classes will meet - CNU Campus All day event
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
News & Events
CNU's Fourth Annual Day of Service
(Newport News, VA) - More than 420 Christopher Newport University freshmen, faculty and staff will partner with 43 agencies to volunteer their time on Thursday, August 18, 2011, for CNU’s Fourth Annual Day of Service. This year, faculty and students will focus primarily on environmental projects and relationship building with Newport News Public Schools, Newport News Parks & Recreation, the Newport News Green Foundation and numerous local nonprofit organizations.
Organized by CNU’s Center for Community Engagement, the Day of Service represents the first step in a four-year commitment by CNU students to volunteer throughout their college years.
Incoming CNU students from the President’s Leadership Program (PLP) will work side-by-side from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. with professors to complete tasks requested by local organizations and schools. “We really ought to call this the ‘First Day of Service’ every year,” notes Brad Brewer, assistant director of the center. “We encourage our students to do some exploring their freshman year but then to make long-term service commitments to an organization, school or specific population. This ‘first day’ introduces students to the many opportunities they have to become involved in meaningful community-building efforts throughout their years at CNU, and beyond.”
The 2011 Day of Service is co-sponsored through the generous support of Ferguson Enterprises, 1st Advantage Credit Union, Virginia Educators Credit Union and Printing Wright.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.