- Tue, 11 Mar 2014My Case is Altered: A Panel Discussion - Trible Library 209 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Tue, 11 Mar 2014Dominion Power: Career Panel Discussion - Luter Hall 121 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
News & Events
CNU to Open its Latest 21st Century Teaching & Learning Facility
(Newport News, Va.) – On Sunday, August 21 at 7:30 p.m., Christopher Newport University will open the doors to its latest, 21st century teaching and learning facility, Forbes Hall. Named after Mary Brock Forbes, a Newport News school teacher and the mother of the late Dr. Sarah Forbes – a great champion and benefactor of the university – the building will house the departments of Molecular Biology and Chemistry, Organismal and Environmental Biology and Psychology. CNU students, faculty, staff and members of the community are invited to the celebratory ribbon-cutting ceremony and building tour.
“At CNU we have outstanding science faculty who engage our students in courses and labs and involve them in scholarly projects. Forbes Hall, with its state-of-the-art classrooms, teaching laboratories and research facilities gives us a science building worthy of our students and faculty,” notes College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences Dean Dr. David Doughty.
The $80 million, three-story Forbes Hall contains 160,000 square feet and is designed specifically to enhance interdisciplinary science learning. Incorporating many of the facility advancements promoted by Project Kaleidoscope – the national organization devoted to improving 21st century science education – the building contains teaching research laboratories, classrooms, student study areas and faculty offices. New laboratories will enhance the opportunity for cross-disciplinary interactions and creative teaching pedagogies.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.