- Tue, 11 Mar 2014My Case is Altered: A Panel Discussion - Trible Library 209 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Tue, 11 Mar 2014Dominion Power: Career Panel Discussion - Luter Hall 121 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
News & Events
Freeman Sports and Convocation Center Expansion Complete
(Newport News, Va.) – The expansion and renovation of Christopher Newport University’s Freeman Sports and Convocation Center is complete, and a celebratory ribbon-cutting ceremony is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 25 at 5 p.m., in The Freeman Center’s new 400-seat Gaines Auditorium. CNU students, faculty, staff and members of the community are invited to attend the ceremony and tour the building.
"The Freeman Center expansion takes another giant leap in providing the University with the finest facilities, not only in Virginia, but throughout all of Division III. The center will provide incredible benefits for our student body, faculty and staff, as well as our highly successful Department of Athletics," notes Director of Athletics C.J. Woollum.
The $26 million Freeman Center expansion and renovation includes 67,000 square feet of state-of-the-art gymnasium, fitness, meeting and auxiliary spaces for student activities. In addition to the new Gaines Auditorium, The Freeman Center now houses the offices of Counseling Services and Health and Wellness Services – and the Trieshmann Health and Fitness Pavilion has doubled in size.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.