- Tue, 11 Mar 2014My Case is Altered: A Panel Discussion - Trible Library 209 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Tue, 11 Mar 2014Dominion Power: Career Panel Discussion - Luter Hall 121 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
News & Events
CNU Marching Captains to Participate in London’s 2012 New Year’s Day Parade!
(Newport News, VA) - The Christopher Newport University Marching Captains will perform in London’s New Year’s Day Parade, in celebration of the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II and the beginning of London’s Olympic year. Participation in the parade is considered a great honor and is by invitation only. Lord Mayor Duncan Sandys of the City of Westminster traveled to Newport News in March 2011 to extend the formal invitation to CNU President Paul Trible.
London’s New Year’s Day Parade has become one of the world’s great annual events, as hundreds of thousands of spectators line the streets to watch more than 10,000 regional and international performers. The parade is televised and broadcast by more than 700 stations to a worldwide audience of 220 million, and will begin at 7:45 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. The parade will be streamed live at www.londonparade.co.uk and in retrospect on www.information.tv.
About CNU’s Marching Captains
In 2004, the 71-member Marching Captains made their debut at the football season home opener. Their high energy and superb musicianship have left an indelible mark on the university community, and by 2005 the band had exceeded 100 members. Additional high-profile performances have included the 2007 Richmond Christmas Parade and the 2008 Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade. The band currently comprises 140 members and is under the direction of Dr. Joseph Falvey and Professor Annie Stevens.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.