- Sat, 22 Nov 2014Pericles Salon Series - Small Latin & Less Greek? - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 7:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Sat, 22 Nov 2014The Dept. of Theater & Dance presents: Pericles, Prince of Tyre - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 8:00 PM
- Sun, 23 Nov 2014Pericles Salon Series - Riddles, Exile & Incest - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 7:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Sun, 23 Nov 2014The Dept. of Theater & Dance presents: Pericles, Prince of Tyre - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 8:00 PM
- Sun, 23 Nov 2014The Dept. of Theater & Dance presents: Pericles, Prince of Tyre - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 2:00 PM
News & Events
CNU Ranked Among Best Colleges for Minorities
(Newport News, Va.) -
Forbes Magazine has ranked Christopher Newport University as one of the top 20 colleges for minorities in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math (known colloquially as STEM). Of the top 20 colleges listed, CNU ranked 4th, and according to the analysis, is one of the institutions of higher learning that "is getting it right." M.I.T., Tulane and Texas Tech were also listed among the highest-ranked schools.
In their approach to analyzing the best colleges for minorities in STEM, Forbes ranked blacks, Hispanics, and American Indians (groups typically underrepresented in STEM) to whites and Asians (groups typically well-represented in STEM). Forbes excluded from their analysis those schools where the student body is almost entirely comprised of minorities.
Included in the Forbes article was a report from the National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering, showing that only 12.5% of engineering bachelor's degrees awarded in 2006 went to underrepresented minorities, including blacks, Hispanics and American Indians.
CNU's efforts in attracting and preparing young people for careers in the STEM areas directly supports the priorities of the Virginia Commission on Higher Education Reform, Innovation and Investment, created by Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell. Christopher Newport University President Paul Trible is a member of that commission.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.