- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Asian Studies in China - David Student Union, Monroe Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
News & Events
CNU to Host Suzanne Underwood Rhodes Poetry Reading
(Newport News, Va.) - On February 16, 2011, the Honors Program at Christopher Newport University will host a poetry reading by widely published poet, Suzanne Underwood Rhodes.
With a bachelors’ degree in English, Rhodes graduated from James Madison University before receiving her M.A. from the Johns Hopkins University Seminars. Rhodes has taught writing and literature at King College, East Tennessee State University, Old Dominion University, and many others. Aside from teaching, Rhodes has also published many literary works of her own. Appearing in many literary journals, her poetry collections include What a Light Thing, This Stone and Weather of the House. Other works include a poetry textbook, The Roar on the Other Side, and several pieces of nonfiction: Sacred Glances, Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic, and Blackboard Blackmail.
The Suzanne Underwood Rhodes Poetry Reading will be held at 5:30 p.m. on February 16 in the Ferguson Center for the Arts Music & Theatre Hall, located on the Christopher Newport University campus. The event is free and open to the public. No reservation is required. For more information, contact Dr. Jay Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org (757) 594-7072.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.