- Tue, 11 Mar 2014My Case is Altered: A Panel Discussion - Trible Library 209 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Tue, 11 Mar 2014Dominion Power: Career Panel Discussion - Luter Hall 121 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
News & Events
CNU to Host Suzanne Underwood Rhodes Poetry Reading
(Newport News, Va.) - On February 16, 2011, the Honors Program at Christopher Newport University will host a poetry reading by widely published poet, Suzanne Underwood Rhodes.
With a bachelors’ degree in English, Rhodes graduated from James Madison University before receiving her M.A. from the Johns Hopkins University Seminars. Rhodes has taught writing and literature at King College, East Tennessee State University, Old Dominion University, and many others. Aside from teaching, Rhodes has also published many literary works of her own. Appearing in many literary journals, her poetry collections include What a Light Thing, This Stone and Weather of the House. Other works include a poetry textbook, The Roar on the Other Side, and several pieces of nonfiction: Sacred Glances, Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic, and Blackboard Blackmail.
The Suzanne Underwood Rhodes Poetry Reading will be held at 5:30 p.m. on February 16 in the Ferguson Center for the Arts Music & Theatre Hall, located on the Christopher Newport University campus. The event is free and open to the public. No reservation is required. For more information, contact Dr. Jay Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org (757) 594-7072.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.