- Sat, 22 Nov 2014Pericles Salon Series - Small Latin & Less Greek? - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 7:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Sat, 22 Nov 2014The Dept. of Theater & Dance presents: Pericles, Prince of Tyre - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 8:00 PM
- Sun, 23 Nov 2014Pericles Salon Series - Riddles, Exile & Incest - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 7:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Sun, 23 Nov 2014The Dept. of Theater & Dance presents: Pericles, Prince of Tyre - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 8:00 PM
- Sun, 23 Nov 2014The Dept. of Theater & Dance presents: Pericles, Prince of Tyre - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 2:00 PM
News & Events
Ferguson Center for the Arts Announces 2011-12 Season
(Newport News, Va.) -Broadway blockbusters, prestigious orchestras, world-famous performing artists and diverse family entertainment will comprise CNU’s Ferguson Center for the Arts 2011-2012 Season.
Highlights include exclusive Hampton Roads’ performances by superstar entertainers including Tony Bennett, Lewis Black, Herbie Hancock, Patti LaBelle, k.d. lang and The Siss Boom Bang, Paul Anka and Diana Krall.
Broadway takes center stage this season with national tour performances of Mamma Mia!, STOMP, Damn Yankees!, The New Mel Brooks Musical Young Frankenstein and The All New Original Tribute to The Blues Brothers.
From the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra with legendary conductor Pinchas Zukerman to a host of acclaimed performers including comedians Larry the Cable Guy and Paula Poundstone, The Temptations and The New Stylistics, and the much-anticipated Celtic Woman Holiday Celebration, the Ferguson Center’s 6th season has something for everyone!
“I am pleased to present the Hampton Roads community with the Ferguson Center for the Arts' performance lineup,” said Executive Director Bill Biddle. “The eclectic nature of our 6th season is consistent with our mission: to offer a broad range of performances, reach the largest possible number of community members, all-the-while maintaining our status as the finest performing arts center in Hampton Roads.”
The complete list of performances and high resolution images are available for downloading at: http://fergusoncenter.cnu.edu/artists/press.htm. Detailed show descriptions, dates and pricing are available at www.fergusoncenter.org.
Subscription & Single Ticket Information
Subscription forms can be downloaded at www.fergusoncenter.org beginning on Friday, May 27. Forms can be brought to the Ferguson Center Ticket Office starting Monday, May 30. Subscription forms may also be mailed to: Ferguson Center Ticket Office, Christopher Newport University, 1 University Place, Newport News, Va., 23606.
Single tickets to all performances will be available for purchase on Friday, July 8 and Saturday, July 9, from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the Ferguson Center Ticket Office, www.ticketmaster.com and at all Ticketmaster outlets. For information, call the Ticket Office at (757) 594.8752 between 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Thursday (summer hours) or sign up for the Ferguson Center E-Club online at www.fergusoncenter.org for announcements, special offers and the opportunity to purchase tickets and subscriptions prior to the general public.
- Bravo Series: Includes the State Choir of Russia, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and the St. Petersburg State Orchestra. Subscribers save up to $36 off single ticket prices.
- Broadway Series: Includes The New Mel Brooks Musical Young Frankenstein, Damn Yankees! and Mamma Mia! Subscribers save up to $25 off single ticket prices.
- Broadway Plus!: Add STOMP and you can save up to $35 off single ticket prices.
- Jazz@Ferguson Series: Includes Herbie Hancock, Diana Krall and the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis. Subscribers save up to $42 off single ticket prices.
- World Discovery Series: Includes the State Choir of Russia, the St. Petersburg State Orchestra, Moscow Festival Ballet (either Cinderella or Swan Lake) and the Red Star Red Army Chorus & Dance Ensemble. Subscribers save up to $55 off single ticket prices.
- Flex Series: Save $5 per ticket when choosing any four or more shows.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.