- Thu, 20 Jun 2013Setting Sail: Freshman Orientation - CNU Campus All day event
- Fri, 21 Jun 2013Setting Sail: Freshman Orientation - CNU Campus All day event
- Mon, 24 Jun 2013Setting Sail: Freshman Orientation - CNU Campus All day event
- Mon, 24 Jun 2013Baseball Camp: Captains Youth Camp - Captains Park 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Mon, 24 Jun 2013Captains Football Camps: multiple camps and dates - CNU Campus
News & Events
CNU Professor Interviewed as Part of BBC World Service Program "Wandering Souls"
(Newport News, Va.) - Dr. Mai Lan Gustafsson of CNU's Department of Sociology, Social Work and Anthropology has been interviewed by the BBC World Service as part of its Heart And Soul documentary series. Heart And Soul is a weekly half-hour program exploring points of view and experiences related to spirituality from around the world. Dr. Gustafsson's interview is featured in the program's segment titled "Wandering Souls." The first episode of "Wandering Souls" will premiere on June 11, 2011, with the second episode airing June 18.
As described by the BBC, series producer Cathy Fitzgerald hears the war stories of the living - and the dead - in Vietnam, a country crowded with "wandering souls." Dr. Gustafsson is the author of War and Shadows: The Haunting of Vietnam.
Visit bbc.co.uk/programmes for more information.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes as well as an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.