- Thu, 02 Oct 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Fri, 03 Oct 2014Pope Chapel Chamber Music Series, featuring organist Mary Sellen - Pope Chapel 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Mon, 06 Oct 2014The New Wave Of Ibero American Cinema Presents: "The Return" ("El Regreso") - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 7:00 PM
- Wed, 08 Oct 2014BB&T Colloquium Series on Capitalism - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Thu, 09 Oct 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
News & Events
CNU’s Center for American Studies to Host Conference: "The Classical Roots of America"
Conference is free and open to the public
(Newport News, Va.) – CNU’s Center for American Studies will host its 4th Annual Conference on America's Founding Principles and History on March 16 and 17, 2011. All lectures will be held on the second floor of the David Student Union. This year's theme is "The Classical Roots of America." The conference is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
Day 1: March 16, 2011 at 4 p.m. in the DSU Ballroom
BB&T Colloquium Series on Capitalism
"Liberty After Lehman Brothers"
Loren Lomasky, University of Virginia
Day 2: March 17 in the DSU Washington Room
Session 1 (9:30 - 10:45 a.m.)
“The Classical Roots of the American Economy”
Bryan McCannon, Wake Forest University
John David Lewis, Duke University
Session 2 (11 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.)
“American Views of Classical Culture”
Eran Shalev, Haifa University
Lee Pearcy, Bryn Mawr College
Session 3 (2:30 - 3:45 p.m.)
“The Classical Roots of American Government”
Hugh Liebert, University of Richmond
Carl J. Richard, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Session 4 (4:00 - 5:15 p.m.)
“The Trireme and Athenian Democracy”
Barry Strauss, Cornell University
Gordon Kelly, Lewis & Clark College
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.