- Thu, 17 Apr 2014CNU Farmers' Market - CNU Campus 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Fri, 18 Apr 2014Jazz Concert - Ferguson Center, Studio Theatre 8:00 PM
- Fri, 18 Apr 2014Percussion Ensemble Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theatre Hall 7:30 PM
- Mon, 21 Apr 2014University Band Concert - Ferguson Center, Concert Hall 7:30 PM
- Tue, 22 Apr 2014Wind Ensemble Concert - Ferguson Center, Concert Hall 7:30 PM
News & Events
2011 Symposium on Homeland Security
(Newport News, Va.) – Christopher Newport University’s (CNU) Center for American Studies and Business Executives for National Security (BENS), a Washington, D.C.-based organization, will host CNU’s first Homeland Security Symposium, June 7-8, 2011, in the David Student Union. This two-day program will include high-level speakers from government and industry exploring the latest advancements, insights and issues in homeland security.
The conference will focus on integration of capabilities and technologies, including success stories and identification of needed advancements in best practices. Confirmed speakers include:
- Admiral James Loy, former Commandant, U.S. Coast Guard and Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security
- Mark Holifield, Senior Vice President for Supply Chain, Home Depot
- Dan Stoneking, Director, Private Sector Division, Office of External Affairs, Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Juliette Kayyem, former Assistant Secretary for Intergovernmental Programs, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Mike McAllister, Deputy Secretary of Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security, Office of Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security
- Jim Redick, Emergency Management Coordinator, City of Virginia Beach, and Board Member of the Virginia Governor’s Secure Commonwealth Panel
- John W. Halinski, Assistant Administrator for the Office of Global Strategies, Transportation Security Administration
- Michael Zirkle, Manager of Business Strategy, U.S. Government, Verizon Wireless
- Dirk Maurer, Senior Director, MacAulay-Brown, Inc., and former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Crisis Management and Mission Assurance
- Jeff Gaynor, Founder, American Resilience Consulting, LLC; former Director, Critical Infrastructure Task Force, Homeland Security Advisory Council
- Marcus Sachs, Vice President for National Security Policy, Verizon
Sponsorship opportunities are available. For additional information, please contact Dr. Nathan Busch at CNU, (757) 594-8498, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Business Executives for National Security
(BENS), a nationwide, non-partisan organization, is the primary channel through which senior business executives can help enhance the nation's security. BENS members use their business experience to help government leaders implement solutions to the most challenging national security problems. BENS has only one special interest: to help make America safe and secure. For more information visit www.bens.org.
About Christopher Newport University
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small classes as well as an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor. For more information about CNU and its programs, please visit www.cnu.edu.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.