- Mon, 22 Sep 2014The New Wave Of Ibero American Cinema Presents: "Chinese Takeaway" ("Un cuento chino") - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 7:00 PM
- Thu, 25 Sep 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Fri, 26 Sep 2014Trible Library Chamber Music Series - The Rotunda 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Fri, 26 Sep 2014Family Weekend 2014 - CNU Campus 2:00 PM
- Fri, 26 Sep 2014CNU Study Abroad Fair - David Student Union, Breezeway 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
News & Events
"The Epic Tradition," Talks on epic poetry in the western literary tradition
The sixth annual Christopher Newport University Interdisciplinary Panel will take place from 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 9, in the Trible Library Blechman Room. This year’s topic "The Epic Tradition," includes four talks on epic poetry in the western literary tradition. CNU Associate Professor of Classical Studies Dr. Bradley Buszard will serve as panel chair and moderator.
Speakers and topics include:
- Dr. Margarita Marinova (CNU) "Gilgamesh: The Earliest Known Epic Narrative"
- Dr. Benjamin Haller (Virginia Wesleyan University) "Home is Where the Hearth Is: Hearths, Homes, and Hubbies in Homer's Odyssey."
- Dr. Sharon Rowley (CNU) "Beowulf and the Epic Tradition in Old English Literature"
- Dr. Claudia Mendez (CNU) “The Epic Tradition in Spain"
The panel discussion is open to the public and is sponsored by the Modern & Classical Languages & Literatures department (MCLL), the CNU classics club, the CNU chapter of Eta Sigma Phi and the Paul and Rosemary Trible Library. For additional information, please call the MCLL dept. office at (757) 594-7020.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.