- Sun, 23 Nov 2014Pericles Salon Series - Riddles, Exile & Incest - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 7:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Sun, 23 Nov 2014The Dept. of Theater & Dance presents: Pericles, Prince of Tyre - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 8:00 PM
- Sun, 23 Nov 2014The Dept. of Theater & Dance presents: Pericles, Prince of Tyre - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 2:00 PM
- Sun, 23 Nov 2014CNU Choirs - Ferguson Center, Concert Hall 3:00 PM
- Mon, 24 Nov 2014Pericles Salon Series - Ferguson Center, Studio Theater 7:00 PM to 7:30 PM
News & Events
BB&T Colloquium Hosts 'A New Direction for Africa? Opportunities and Challenges'
The Christopher Newport University BB&T Colloquium Series will host a lecture featuring guest speaker Karol Boudreaux titled “A New Direction for Africa? Opportunities and Challenges” on Thursday, Nov. 3, at 7 p.m. in the Ferguson Center Music & Theatre Hall. A reception will follow.
Boudreaux serves as Africa land tenure specialist at U.S. Agency For International Development (USAID). The focus of her research for the past six years has been contemporary Africa and the ways in which particular institutional arrangements have either helped or hindered human flourishing and economic development on the continent. Boudreaux has conducted field research in eight African countries and has published more than 25 articles, policy papers and book chapters, as well as a monograph on property rights.Prior to joining USAID, Boudreaux taught a seminar on law and international development at the George Mason University School of Law, where she served as instructor and assistant dean. She was also a senior research fellow at GMU’s Mercatus Center. She earned her BA in English literature from Rutgers University (Douglass Residential College) and her law degree from the University of Virginia.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.