- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Asian Studies in China - David Student Union, Monroe Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
News & Events
Dean Parks Colloquia Series Hosts 'Experiments at Intersections'
The latest installment in the Christopher Newport University Dean William Parks Colloquia Series is titled “Experiments at Intersections.” Guest speaker Hugo Van Vuuren describes the lecture as “a jaunt through the history and process of innovation from classical Athens to modern America.” The lecture will take place on Tuesday, Oct. 10, at 5:30 p.m. in The Freeman Center, Room 201. No reservation is required.
Van Vuuren is an entrepreneurial graduate student at the Harvard Graduate School of Design and student fellow at the Berkman Center for Internet and Society. He helped launch The Laboratory at Harvard, a new interdisciplinary platform for idea experimentation and exhibition in the arts and sciences. A perpetual experimenter, Van Vuuren has been awarded fellowships at TED, Poptech and the Aspen Ideas Festival, and won the 2009 Popular Mechanics Breakthrough Award for off-grid energy work.This lecture is co-sponsored by Lambda Pi Eta and IEEE Student Branch at CNU. Lecture is free and open to the public.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.