- Fri, 25 Apr 2014Final Exams Begin - CNU Campus All day event
- Wed, 30 Apr 2014Final Exams End - CNU Campus All day event
- Sat, 03 May 2014Senior Week 2014 Begins - Various locations on and off campus All day event
- Wed, 07 May 2014Commencement Week Activities Begin - CNU Campus All day event
- Sat, 10 May 201488th Commencement Exercises - The Great Lawn 10:00 AM
News & Events
Third Annual Workshop on Intelligence and National Security
A joint workshop co-sponsored by Christopher Newport University’s Center for American Studies and the Norman Forde Hampton Roads Chapter of the Association for Intelligence Officers will take place on Thursday, October 27, 2011. Sessions will be held from 9:30 a.m. - 5:15 p.m. in CNU's David Student Union ballroom. To register, visit cas.cnu.edu.
|9:30 a.m. -
|Session 1: The National Security Implications of U.S. Energy Challenges
Moderator: Clayton Farrington, President of the Norman Forde Hampton Roads Chapter of the Association for Intelligence Officers
- Thomas W. Hicks, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Energy
- Mehmet Kinaci, Strategic Analyst, NATO Allied Command Transformation
|11 a.m. -
|Session 2: Improving Energy Infrastructure Security: Physical Protection, Cyber Defense and Smart Energy Grids
Moderator: Major General Robert Newman (USAF, ret.), former Adjutant General, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Ernest Hayden, Managing Principal – Energy Security, Verizon Global Energy & Utility Practice
- Greg Florence, Lead Associate – Strategic Technology and Innovation, Booz Allen Hamilton
|12:30 p.m. -
|ABM (formerly The Linc Group) Keynote Luncheon
- The Honorable Spencer Abraham, former Secretary of Energy and Chairman, The Abraham Group
|2:30 p.m. -
|Session 3: Established Energy Technologies: What is the Future for Fossil Fuels?
Moderator: Hugh Keogh, Chairman, Virginians for Reliable Energy
- Carl Levander, President, Columbia Gas of Virginia
- Tommy Hudson, President of the Virginia Coal Association and Chairman of the Executive Advisory Board of the Virginia Coalfield Economic Development Authority
|4 p.m. -
|Session 4: Alternative Energy Sources: When Will That Future Arrive and Will it Be Bright?
Moderator: Dr. Benjamin Redekop, Associate Professor of Leadership Studies and Chair, Department of Leadership and American Studies, Christopher Newport University
- Senator Frank Wagner, 7th District, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Mary C. Doswell, Senior Vice President, Alternative Energy Solutions, Dominion Resources Services
- Ian Muir, Manager, Carbon Strategy Service, PFC Energy
|CNU's Center for American Studies is an interdisciplinary initiative that promotes teaching and scholarship on America's founding principles and history, economic foundations and national security. It undertakes these tasks in order to promote sensible notions of liberty and a civic responsibility to defend that liberty locally and globally.|
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.