- Sat, 01 Nov 2014The Dept. of Theater & Dance presents: Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 8:00 PM
- Thu, 06 Nov 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Fri, 07 Nov 2014Trible Library Chamber Music Series, Brass Quintet - Trible Library, Rotunda 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Sat, 08 Nov 2014Opera CNU presents Donizetti's The Elixir of Love - Music and Theatre Hall 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Sun, 09 Nov 2014Opera CNU presents Donizetti's The Elixir of Love - Music and Theatre Hall 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
News & Events
CNU to Host Panel Discussion “9/11: 10 Years Later”
(Newport News, Va.) - Christopher Newport University will host the panel discussion "9/11: 10 Years Later" on Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2011, at 12:15 p.m. in the Ferguson Center Music & Theatre Hall.
Panelists and CNU faculty experts will include Dr. John Camobreco of CNU's Department of Government, who will discuss the impact of 9/11 on American politics; Dr. Roberta Rosenberg of CNU's Department of English, who will discuss American students and 9/11; Dr. Shumet Sishagne of CNU's Department of History, who will discuss al-Qaida, ten years later; Dr. Hussam Timani of CNU's Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies, who will discuss Muslims in America; and distinguished guest Lt. Col. Jörg Neureuther, the German Army's deputy representative to NATO and U.S. Joint Forces Command, who will discuss NATO and German military perspectives. Dr. Mario Mazzarella of CNU's Department of History will moderate.
The panel discussion (with audience participation) is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.