- Mon, 25 Aug 2014Fall Semester: Class Begin - CNU Campus 8:00 AM
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014Labor Day: Classes will meet - CNU Campus All day event
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
News & Events
CNU Ranked by U.S. News & World Report
(Newport News, Va.) — Christopher Newport University has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as the No. 6 up-and-coming regional university in the South.
In its 2012 "Up-and-Comers" ranking, U.S. News ranked CNU among the top 46 colleges and universities in the nation "that have recently made the most promising and innovative changes in the areas of academics, faculty, student life, campus or facilities," as recommended in a survey of top college administrators.
The rankings were based on responses from experts who responded to an annual peer assessment of educational institutions, according to the magazine.
For a full list of rankings, visit http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/up-and-coming.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.