- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Asian Studies in China - David Student Union, Monroe Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Thu, 04 Sep 2014Study Abroad 101 - Trible Library 111A 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
News & Events
"On Risk-Taking and Success"
(Newport News, Va.) -
Dr. Benjamin Carson, director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Children’s Center and professor of neurosurgery, oncology, plastic surgery and pediatrics at Johns Hopkins Medical Center will present “On Risk-Taking and Success” on Wednesday, April 18, at 6:30 p.m. in Gaines Theatre. The event is free and open to the public. No reservation is required.
Carson is an award-winning pediatric neurosurgeon best known for completing the first successful separation of twins conjoined at the head. He was named one of Time magazine’s foremost physicians and scientists, and was selected as one of 89 “Living Legends” by the United States Library of Congress. In 2008, he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
Carson was raised in Detroit by a single mother. His personal experiences motivated him to establish and serve as president of the Carson Scholars Fund, which recognizes youth from diverse backgrounds who have demonstrated academic achievement and service to their communities.
The event is sponsored by Alpha Phi Omega, Psi Chi, the Neuroscience Club, Men of Vision and Excellence, the Center for Honor Enrichment and Community Standards, the Office of Student Activities, Student Assembly, the Pre-Health Program, the Master of Arts in Teaching Program, and the Honors Program.
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.