- Tue, 11 Mar 2014My Case is Altered: A Panel Discussion - Trible Library 209 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Tue, 11 Mar 2014Dominion Power: Career Panel Discussion - Luter Hall 121 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- Wed, 12 Mar 2014A Career in the Arts: Q&A with Struan Leslie - Ferguson Center Rehearsal Hall 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
- Fri, 21 Mar 2014TheaterCNU Presents: A Delicate Balance & Dance Concert - Ferguson Center, Music & Theater Hall 7:00 PM
News & Events
Drop the Beat 2012 Freestyle Rap Competition
(Newport News, Va.) -
Sigma Phi Epsilon and Men of Vision and Excellence (M.O.V.E.) will present the freestyle rap competition Drop the Beat 2012 on Monday, April 16, in Gaines Theatre. Student organizations are encouraged to compete in what has been described by organizers as "the rap battle to end them all."
The competition will begin at 7:30 p.m. A $3 donation is required to attend, and a $100 cash prize will be awarded to the winning person or group.
Proceeds from the event will benefit YouthAIDS.
- Teams may consist of 1-4 persons.
- Performance time is limited to 3.5 minutes.
- Beats can be original or based on popular music.
- Lyrics must be original. (No explicit or vulgar language will be tolerated.)
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.