- Mon, 27 May 2013Memorial Day - No Classes - CNU Campus
- Mon, 03 Jun 2013Summer Term I - Classes Begin - CNU Campus
- Mon, 17 Jun 2013Captains Basketball Camp: multiple camps and dates - CNU Campus
- Mon, 24 Jun 2013Baseball Camp: Captains Youth Camp - Captains Park 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Mon, 24 Jun 2013CNU Football Camps: multiple camps and dates - CNU Campus
News & Events
Drop the Beat 2012 Freestyle Rap Competition
(Newport News, Va.) -
Sigma Phi Epsilon and Men of Vision and Excellence (M.O.V.E.) will present the freestyle rap competition Drop the Beat 2012 on Monday, April 16, in Gaines Theatre. Student organizations are encouraged to compete in what has been described by organizers as "the rap battle to end them all."
The competition will begin at 7:30 p.m. A $3 donation is required to attend, and a $100 cash prize will be awarded to the winning person or group.
Proceeds from the event will benefit YouthAIDS.
- Teams may consist of 1-4 persons.
- Performance time is limited to 3.5 minutes.
- Beats can be original or based on popular music.
- Lyrics must be original. (No explicit or vulgar language will be tolerated.)
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes as well as an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.