- Mon, 01 Sep 2014Labor Day: Classes will meet - CNU Campus All day event
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cross-Cultural Leadership in Europe - David Student Union, Washington Room 12:30 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Study Abroad: Cuba for Geography or Dance - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014Panel Discusson: "Lessons from Ferguson: Race, Law Enforcement and the Potential Abuse of Power" - Freeman Center, Gaines Theatre 4:30 PM
- Wed, 03 Sep 2014Spring Semester 2015: CNU in Glasgow Scotland - David Student Union, Jefferson Room 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
News & Events
Drop the Beat 2012 Freestyle Rap Competition
(Newport News, Va.) -
Sigma Phi Epsilon and Men of Vision and Excellence (M.O.V.E.) will present the freestyle rap competition Drop the Beat 2012 on Monday, April 16, in Gaines Theatre. Student organizations are encouraged to compete in what has been described by organizers as "the rap battle to end them all."
The competition will begin at 7:30 p.m. A $3 donation is required to attend, and a $100 cash prize will be awarded to the winning person or group.
Proceeds from the event will benefit YouthAIDS.
- Teams may consist of 1-4 persons.
- Performance time is limited to 3.5 minutes.
- Beats can be original or based on popular music.
- Lyrics must be original. (No explicit or vulgar language will be tolerated.)
A four-year public university in Newport News, Virginia, Christopher Newport University enrolls 5,000 students in rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences through the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Social Sciences, including the Luter School of Business. CNU offers great teaching and small class sizes with an emphasis on leadership, civic engagement and honor.
Director of Public Relations
Click the "Look for more" link in each calendar to view all dates.
* Instructors may begin entering midterm grades via CNU Live.
** Deadline for instructors to enter midterm grades.
*** Instructors may begin entering final grades via CNU Live.
**** Deadline for instructors to enter final grades.
+ Final exam room conflicts should be referred to the Office of the Registrar.